This handsome 4-piece luggage set is available in four attractive colors: black, charcoal, navy blue, and red. Each of the pieces are a combination of 70% polyester and 30% dobby fabric, with the latter serving as an attractive trim that nicely sets off the sides and the exterior pockets.
Three of the four pieces feature inline, recessed skate wheels and a push-button pull handle system, while the fourth, a tote, is for carrying by its handle or with a shoulder strap. The fabric is tear resistant and durable.
Each piece features a light gray interior lining, which serves to provide higher visibility when contents are placed in or removed. The interiors feature mesh pockets and tie down straps. The zippered exterior pockets, a feature of all four pieces, are useful for holding travel documents, magazines, or other personal items. Shoe pockets are included along with the interior mesh pockets. Teach of the three upright luggage pieces has a carry handle on both the top and on the side as well as a bottom grip to make lifting easier.
The three upright pieces are expandable:
- The largest upright, which measures 29″ x 17″ x 10.5″, can be expanded to 12.5″.
- The middle upright, which measures 25″ x 19″ x 9.5″, can be expanded to 11.5″.
- The smaller of the uprights measures 21″ x 13.5″ x 8″ and can be expanded to 10″.
- The 15″ x 10″ x 7″ tote is not expandable
The smallest of the three uprights is useful as a piece of carry-on luggage and the tote serves nicely as a personal carry-on bag.
The total weight of the four pieces is just under 30 pounds. The set lists at just under $200 but is usually available at a significant discount.
- The fabric is strong and durable enough to hold up under many trips under many conditions.
- The overall stitching and fastening on each piece of luggage is solid. The zippers perform smoothly and do not have a tendency to catch on the contents of the compartments.
- The uprights roll along easily and smoothly.
- The mix of the basic fabric color and the offsetting trip gives each of the pieces an expensive and elegant appearance. The color scheme is easy to spot on a baggage carousel.
- The combination of handy exterior pockets and inner mesh pockets makes packing for a trip easier and better organized.
- The capacity of each of the uprights can be increased by as much as 25 percent when expanded.
- Any damage caused by the airlines is not covered by the warranty.
- The uprights have only two wheels. Some travelers prefer four wheels on their upright luggage pieces.
This lightweight luggage set it a good buy for the money. Judging this set on looks alone might make one wonder how it could ever sell at a discount. While these pieces are solidly constructed and made of durable material, the pull handles can be a potential problem. If handled with care and not grossly overloaded, the handles should function normally. The fact that almost any piece of luggage can suffer damage when mishandled should be taken into account. This set is especially recommended for the frequent traveler who requires up to four pieces of luggage on some trips, or for a family.